Saturday, June 20, 2009

PHOTO CHALLENGE MACRO

Good Saturday Mornin' to ya!
Welcome to "Get Up Close, Using Macro", our new Brenda Photo Challenge for today hosted by none other than Janice at Butterfly Gardens! Join me in visiting all of the participants and viewing their gorgeous UP CLOSE photos! I've decided I need to start using my old Nikon 35mm. I did capture a few in focus, but the cool breeze we have this morning kept things moving!

An old chain hanging from something outside the old, unused backdoor into the garage that we never use. I liked how the grain on the door is sharp under the actual chain and fades softer under the shadow.


No, this isn't my silhouette! However it looks like it could easily be! This is a dried leaf, sitting on my deck, one side curled over itself.

Can you guess which is the bush, and which is the vine that is taking over! It's taking over everything! We didn't have vines that this in Oklahoma!




How about Jack and the Beanstalk? An upclose look at the twists and turns of the vine as it takes over another unsuspecting victim.



And, finally a flower! I didn't have much luck with flowers today.
Have a great Saturday! I'm off to find some special treats for breakfast!

14 comments:

Brenda said...

They're all excellent shots!! I Love the chain!

Lynn said...

The dried leaf fascinated me. It is amazing to me how something so ordinary becomes so unique with macro.

BTW, not to be an alarmist, but is the 3 leaf vine poison ivy? I've never seen poison ivy or oak, but before tearing out some vines and stuff around here I looked it up. There is a saying according to my research that "if it has 3 (leaves), don't touch me."

I apologize for bringing this up but am compelled to do so. I'm one of those better-to-know- before-than-after people. lol

Donna said...

How Wonderful! I Love the dried leaf! And the chain!! Well done sweetie!!hughugs

Butterfly Gardener said...

Great Job! I love the chain and the details in the leaves.

Karen M said...

All lovely pictures...my favorite is the chain.

I'm pretty sure your pictures do not contain any poison ivy. I'm pretty good at spotting it as I have been the victim on more than one occasion.

Sally said...

LOVE all the pics!! The chain is phenomenal! Hey, I have that same "vine" growing in the shrubs out front; it is almost impossible to be rid of!! :)

Karen said...

I think it's a Southern thing, that vine. Is it called Kudzu or something? A book I just read talked about it taking over, so maybe it's the same thing. Yeah, as far as poison ivy goes, I've been a victim many times myself, and infact, I have a jungle of it growing along my back fence and haven't been able to get rid of it completely. I can't remember the name of the bush, but I'm sure it's just a bush. but thanks for the warning, though.

SquirrelQueen said...

Hi,
I saw you over at Lynn's, the thing about the poison ivy, and came over for a visit. No poison ivy here, but that does look like kudzu.
Your photos are beautiful.
Have a wonderful weekend,
SQ

joan said...

I love your photos! The chain is great!

Donna said...

Oh my, you've got some GREAT compositions there! The chain, dried leaf, and bush/vine are my favorites! See? I couldn't pick just one, LOL.

Joni said...

Great pictures! Isn't it fun to focus in on detail?! This was a fun challenge and like you the mild breezes often did make it a challenge! I really like the chain and the dried leaf...very abstract.

Debra said...

What beautiful photos! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments. It's nice to meet you.

I hope your Saturday was beautiful. Big hugs!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Beautiful photos! I love the rose moss one best.
Hope you are having a great weekend.
Love Nita

Stacey said...

WOW~GREAT pictures:)