Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Preparing for my kids to fly home tonight, and for the busy week ahead! Cleaning house, planning meals, probably the same thing you're doing these days. Trying to keep things simple and enjoy the day at home.

A few days ago I came upon some verses that were new to me, so I wanted to share them.

Psalm 143:10

Teach me to do Thy will,
For Thou art my God
Let Thy good Spirit lead me on level ground.
For the sake of Thy name, O Lord, revive me.

and. . .

Psalm 145:14-20

The Lord sustains all who fall,
And raises up all who are bowed down.
The eyes of all look to Thee
And Thou dost give them their food in due time.
Thou dost open Thy hand,
And dost satisfy the desire of every living thing.

The Lord is righteous in all His ways,
And kind in all His deeds.
The Lord is near to all who call upon Him,
To all who call upon Him in truth.
He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him,
He will also hear their cry and will save them.
The Lord keeps all who love Him. . .

These words blessed me and I hope they bless you as you read them while you prepare for the holiday ahead. The leaves are beautiful even down here in Texas although the weather is still pretty warm. Still have to bake some goodies to have on hand when my kids arrive.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!!! I hope you & your family have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! I know your kids appreciate and enjoy those "goodies". Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas sweet friend!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete