Sunday, October 4, 2009

Back to Nature

~ We did have a great camping trip. Complete with tree climbing, swimming in the river, hiking, all the things a boy needs from time to time. For Mom, sitting back, listening to the locusts and crickets and birds, sleeping in a tent, just being surrounded by the healing power of nature. It's always surprising how a little time soaking up God's creation can calm and help to erase the little daily stresses and even the big ones. We had a little more warmth and sunshine than expected but overall we had a great time.
~
The evening we returned home, we watched the PBS special about our National Parks. My camping confidence renewed, we made plans to camp more often and see more of the natural beauty both nearby and far away someday. The show talked about how real God's presence is felt and the healing to our mind and spirit we experience when surrounded by nature. I had to agree!
~
We came home with a second walking stick so I now have my own for our next hike. Those things come in handy!

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I'm so very glad you all had such a good time~this reminds me of the "old days" when I'd take my church youth group camping, such fun!!

    Have a beautiful day, my friend!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, it sounds like you had a wonderful time! It's always such a blessing to be wrapped up in nature...I love camping and getting up in the morning, hearing the birds... :)

    ReplyDelete