Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

"We will open the book. It's pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and it's first chapter is New Year's Day."

Edith Lovejoy Pierce

I found this quote last year on New Year's Day 2008. I included it in my first blog post, written on January 7, 2008. Writing and sharing with all of you has been lifechanging and has given me a creative outlet I needed. Reading your thoughts and insights, sharing in your lives has been a gift.

I'm realizing new places of healing taking place in my heart these days, making room for more beauty, for more openness to life. I'm beginning to love birds! I see them everywhere, in art and fabric, on plates and even on my new shower curtain! I see them differently somehow. Could they represent my heart's flight to freedom? May be. . .

“It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.” C.S. Lewis

“Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all.” Emily Dickinson

My prayer for us all, is a new year full of opportunities to fly!

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote! And what a beautiful picture in your header!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete