Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Perspective

 Every morning, I look forward to sitting in my blue chair tucked into a corner of the living room. This chair is the first place I sit in the mornings and the last place I sit in the evenings. I  drink my cups of coffee while sitting and reading, listening to wise words and writing. In the evening I relax and process the day behind me. 

Each morning, while sitting, contemplating, my lap full with a book or a journal, my hands holding a cup of coffee and a pen, inevitably, my two cats will try to find an inch of space to squeeze into either beside me in the chair, or on the footstool, or they will hop up on the back of the chair. Sometimes they try and find room to sit or stand on the small table beside me. And every morning, I tell them, go away, this is my chair and my space! I'm writing! or I'm reading! or I'm trying to listen! 

And every morning, I think to myself, "my cats are so sweet, they sure do love me and want to be close to me". 

One Saturday morning, when I was puttering around the house later than usual, I happened to catch a glimpse of my blue chair. On it, curled up together, were my two calico cats. 

"Whose space was it? Whose chair was I sitting in every morning? 

It's all a person's (or cat's) perspective.




No comments:

Post a Comment