Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Light

 One of my favorite memories is of coming home late from work one night about 15 years ago. It was dark and when I pulled in the driveway my headlights shone on my then 10 year old son, up on a ladder, hanging Christmas lights on our house. My heart burst with pride and love for this boy who was working so hard to give me this gift. 

This year was no different! The Christmas lights were hung in time for us to enjoy before Christmas. I usually plug them in as long afterwards as I can get away with just to enjoy their beauty. For some reason this year, I noticed my neighbors weren't turning their's on so I decided not to. When I went out on my porch the evening before, it was so dark I couldn't see a thing without my porch light on. 

This morning before the sun came up, I stepped outside to feel the morning air, first turning off the porch light. Everything had a lovely glow~ I could see so easily~ everything around me. Then I realized my son had plugged in the lights the night before! I'm so thankful that his heart guided him to do that or maybe he needed the extra light to work by, or maybe he wanted to enjoy the beauty they bring. 

I've always loved this quote by C.S. Lewis which I came across this morning. "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."



No comments:

Post a Comment