Friday, December 31, 2021

The Great Devourer

I’m not referring to the enemy of my soul, although it could be that as well... This devourer will promise to use only a few minutes of my time. It promises rest and relaxation, fun and adventure, mysteries and romance,  and the most important information of the day. 

         This devourer has stolen minutes, hours, days and probably if added up over a lifetime, years. . . It always starts with the promise. . . a few minutes, a little rest. . .

         Time is not the only thing of value this devourer is after. What do I use my time for? What could I use my time for? Is God calling me to invest my heart and my talents (gifts He has given me) in His Kingdom? In my family? In my home? Do I have goals and dreams for my future, both near and far?

         I have to admit I have given this enemy a place of honor in my living room on a carefully chosen table. It has offered me many hours of comfort and calm, but at what price?  This great devourer steals my heart, dreams, goals and future possibilities, one minute at a time.

         God has given us this amazing gift called time. Lord, let me be a faithful steward of your gift.

 

Psalm 31:15

My times are in your hands, deliver me from the hands of my enemies, from those who pursue me.

 

Ecclesiastes 3:11

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set up eternity in the human heart, yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

 

Psalm 90:12

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

 

2 Peter 3:8

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: with the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.


Just think of what God could accomplish in a thousand years. 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment