Saturday, January 12, 2008

Just Thoughts

Today has been such a wonderful day! I attended a class teaching me how to become a teacher.
It always amazes me how when I do something outside of my ordinary routine, something I enjoy and for which I see a purpose, it just seems to fill me with hope. It helps me to see things in a new light.

My next door neighbor, who is 5, just asked me to sit outside with him and make something. That's kind of an honor, you know? So I'll add my really neat quotes at a later time.

I'm back.. .. The instructor shared some really good insights into good teaching. When I heard them I realized how they apply to being a good mother to my own kids as well.

"Be the kind of person you want your kids to be!" Mark Benthall, Texas Teachers
It sounds so simple, but what an amazing thought.

A thought on expectations: we live up to our own expectations of ourselves. Our kids live up to our expectations of them. Something I've always held in my heart is that no matter what my kids do or don't do, or say or don't say, my expectations for them will remain the same. I hope the best, believe the best and pray for the best. Always.

I guess that's what love is. 1 Corinthians 13 (love) bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment