- My kids first day of school was yesterday!
- My first day of a new part time job was yesterday too! I really enjoyed it. I'm working in the custom framing department at a Christian owned arts and crafts type store. There's more math involved than I thought, numbers, but I think I'll get the hang of it. You get to see a lot of beautiful art!
- I get to go observe this weekend with a wedding photographer in hopes I'll get to assist with other jobs in the near future.
- I'm studying today for the state content test in Special Education I take on Thursday. I'm told that will really increase my chances for finding a full time teaching position. I've discovered that I'm also interested in researching the connection between art and encouraging learning disabled kids, or perfectly normal kids who don't excel in other academic subjects (I should say).
- There is a local magazine that is distributed to all of the residents in a nearby town and I had the opportunity to photograph a couple of things for them. No pay, but great experience and photos for a portfolio as well.
- I'm so thankful God has given me the opportunity to have this time to reach out and explore so many other options.
- At church, I've applied for helping out with the children's ministry in some way and I'm looking forward to that. I used to spend a lot of time doing that kind of thing but it's been several years. I've been inspired lately by a blog friend to give of my time at a local ministry. There is a joy in allowing God's life and love to flow through us and this time off has opened my heart to many new possibilities!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
My friend at Homesteader in Training tagged me to list 7 things about myself. I'll just share some things that are happening in my life right now since I've shared more in depth in earlier posts.