Friday, August 1, 2008

Treasures

One day when my oldest daughter was 10, I checked her out of school early and we went to see the Monet exhibit at the Kimbell Museum. It was such a special day for us both. Mother- daughter time, strolling along, gazing at these beautiful works of art, the amazing colors...I still have my prints that I bought. She picked out a book with a painting by Monet as the cover.




I've thought of that day over the years and wished we could have had more like it. You know the longing in our hearts that we, as mothers, get sometimes. My wish is coming true!





There is a new Impressionist Exhibit with work by Monet, Van Gogh, and many more wonderful artists. My daughter celebrates her 22nd birthday on Monday so tomorrow we get to relive our special day and create a new one.


After a dusty search through closets and boxes, I found our treasures safely hidden away!

My real treasure is my daughter and time spent with her, my little princess, my butterfly girl, now a beautiful, young woman.





5 comments:

  1. Oh how awesome. They do grow up to fast don't they. My oldest is 14 almost 15 and she is just a blessing to me. I don't want her to get any older lol. I hope you have a wonderful day together and are able to create some new wonderful memories.
    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely memory. Memories are little gifts we treasure in our hearts, how special to be able to "re-create" them. I hope you have a wonderful day with your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a special time...a day that will create memories to treasure...my daughter (who is now 18)and I have taken a mother-daughter trip to our coastal area every year since she was in the
    4th grade and it is always such a special time...we didn't get to go this year and it just about breaks my heart, but I am sure we will make it up...these little escapades are so important and I wish you the time of your lives, will look forward to the pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sounds like a nice way to spend time with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete