Friday, October 31, 2008

Don't Worry, Be Happy

One of my favorite things about substitute teaching is discovering the uniqueness of each classroom. I can see the personality of the teacher reflected in the small things placed around the room and on the walls. We should surround ourselves in our homes with as many inspirational words as I find in classrooms! Here are a few I enjoyed recently:

It's all in the attitude!

DON'T WORRY - BE HAPPY!

If you expect respect, be the first to show it

I'm so busy I don't know whether I just found a rope or lost my horse

Doing what is right isn't always easy, but it's always right

There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs

Setting: (A Garfield poster, with Garfield hanging upside down from a branch, a woodpecker is almost to peck all the way through the branch, beneath Garfield are mean, barking dogs)

Twenty years from now I'll look back at this and laugh!

I'll share more another day.

To my friends who posted their encouraging comments, I think tiredness contributed to my lack of inspiration recently. Sometimes I think we try to squeeze every second out of the day and it's still not enough. Only with God can anything ever be enough. Thank you so much for your prayers. My time writing yesterday morning was inspiring to me because it was time spent with God and focusing on Him. I had such a wonderful day yesterday teaching 5th grade. It was like a magic spell had been cast over the day. Actually, I think God gave me the strength of His presence which made me a different person. Today I have the privilege of teaching 3'rd grade. I'll keep you posted on my adventures!

5 comments:

  1. I loved those sayings. You hang in there girl. I remember 3rd grade being one of my favorite grades. I bet the kids love you.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See it's a new day with it's own unique things to be glad and thankful for,
    Glad to hear your sounding more like you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one about doing what is right. :) I am glad you are feeling more lifted up today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Hang in there! Those are some really good sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quote about doing what is right!

    Sometimes those little sparks of enthusiasm can come just at the right time! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete