Monday, October 6, 2008



While driving in my car last week I heard this song, one of my very favorite songs from my growing up years. When I heard it, it reminded me of the political situation now, with the election getting closer. I have to admit, I'm very opinionated about my politics, and I find myself watching the news channels for all of the latest information.

Sunday morning in church, one of the leaders stood up to speak and he said that regardless of who wins the election, true power comes from only one source, and he held up his bible. He then asked us to break into groups of 3 or 4 people and pray for our country and specifically the financial situation. It was so moving, to hear people all over the sanctuary praying for our country. It felt good because it was something I could do. It also helped me to remember that God is in control.

Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand

Isaiah 40:12

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying for our country also, Karen. God will see us through. (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song too. Wow, does that bring back memories.

    Our country needs prayers right now and I wish everyone would get down on their knees to help. I fear that we are going to have some dark days ahead before it gets light again. People will be tested.

    ReplyDelete