I'm sitting here looking out at the deep green of the trees, the rain drops on blades of grass, the gray of the sky. Focusing on your power, your love, your strength. So many details to take care of. So many obstacles to go around, looking for the smooth way through this time. This should be a joyous time really! My daughter is graduating from high school in less than one month! I think I'm feeling a mixture of sadness, the stress of getting everything done by the deadlines, and trying to enjoy this time for her.
- pick up prom ticket
- daughter takes college entrance test
- Call the school to excuse her from classes
- Pick up prom dress
- order boutonniere
- pick up senior pictures
- pay for senior pictures
- rent carpet cleaner
- clean house
- pick up repaired trombone
- drive to Oklahoma to pick up grandparents
- son's band concert
- Mother's Day
- work (got sick, so I didn't have to work!)
- work "
- work "
- work "
- drive grandparents back to Oklahoma
- squeeze in another college visit or two
- amiably discuss and agree with her dad on school choice and finances
- accept financial aid package for chosen school
- find a summer job for myself
- find a full time job with school district for next year
- Band field trip
- register son for summer camp
- take English, Language Arts and Reading test for grades 4-8
- daughter's graduation June 2
I look back over this list, and in addition to being weights on my shoulders, each and everyone of these is also a privilege, and a gift. Lord, thank you for the jobs you've provided for me so far. Thank you for the job you will provide for me this summer. Thank you for meeting our needs. Thank you for the financial aid for my daughter to attend college. Thank you for my wonderful kids and their full and wonderful lives. I pray for your protection for them as they make their way in the world. Be with my daughter today as she takes her test. Please don't let her add my stress to her own. I lay all of these things at your feet. I know I'm trying to carry too many things at one time. You are able to carry all of us and our burdens!
My God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
I apologize, because this list could just as easily have been placed on a piece of paper on my desk or kitchen counter, but since it's here, I have highlighted all of the items accomplished so far in this purple color! How about that! Somehow the days have a way of taking care of themselves. I think I've read that somewhere. . .
Have a great day!