Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Praise

On my way to work this morning, I heard a song that reminded me of the song we used to sing in youth group during my high school days,

He's Everything to Me
Ralph Carmichael

In the stars His handiwork I see,
On the wind He speaks with majesty,
Though He ruleth over land and sea,
What is that to me?

I will celebrate Nativity,
For it has a place in history,
Sure, He came to set His people free,
What is that to me?

Till by faith I met Him face to face,
and I felt the wonder of His grace,
Then I knew that He was more than just a God who didn't care, (clap clap)
That lived a way out there and
Now He walks beside me day by day,
Ever watching o'er me lest I stray,
Helping me to find that narrow way,
He's Everything to me.

Can't you just hear the guitar strumming along, the voices blending together in harmony with the crickets close by, the stars in the sky. . . Oh my. I'm getting way too poetic, but the memories are all coming back to me.


Lord, you are everything to me. When I'm at work, when I'm at home, when I'm worried, when I'm happy, when I'm contented, when I'm distracted, all I have to do is remember. You are everything, Lord. You are everything I need.
I praise you. . . I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment