Monday, June 16, 2008

Out of the Chasm


There is a video on the http://www.billygraham.org/ website entitled How to Know Jesus Christ.

Not only is the message presented beautifully but the illustration is a picture God gave me many years ago as an analogy of my spiritual experience during my divorce.

Looking out over the landscape of my life, I could see where I wanted to go. The grass was green, the sky was blue and peace filled the air. My life would be better over there, I thought.

As I began making my way closer to that wonderful place, I was completely unaware of the dangers that lay ahead. I didn't see the great chasm that separated me from the life I was living and the life I wanted for myself and my children. I just stepped off the cliff and began falling.

The next thing I knew I was looking up from the bottom of the chasm. Lost and broken, I was separated from the life I had known up until that point. I could look behind me up the canyon wall to my past and I knew I couldn't go back. I looked ahead up the canyon wall to the life I knew God wanted for me, but I knew it was an impossible climb. I was separated from the life I wanted. Eyes downcast, all I could see were my circumstances. When I finally dared to look up into the eyes of God, He was right beside me. Very gently, one step at a time, He led me out of the chasm.

There were financial struggles, emotional struggles, physical struggles and spiritual struggles.

This verse was my lifeline, daily and sometimes minute by minute...and He was faithful.

My God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19

Over the past year I realized that I was breathing easier. The climb was not taking as much exertion as it had in the years past. It wasn't long ago when I had the amazing realization that I had made it to the other side. I was whole and healthy and restored. I was forgiven and free.

I am writing this to the women who might be approaching that chasm, unaware of its dangers. Only when we stay close to Christ can we cross safely. He prepares the path and provides the way. Do not run on ahead, but let Him lead.

I am writing this to the women who, like me, found themselves on the bottom of the chasm with no way out. Only by keeping our eyes on Christ will we find the way out of the chasm.

...and I am writing this to the women who are painstakingly climbing, step by step, day by day, hoping and believing. God loves you and is with you and will show you each step and handhold until you reach the top, climb over the edge and look out at your new life.


It was neat to see the picture God had given me, illustrated so beautifully in this little movie. I hope you will watch it. It could change your life.


God bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment