Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tag, You're It!


Well, how fun! I've been tagged. My friend
Joni over at Morning Coffee just tagged me to share 7 things about myself, both random and wierd. Joni was my first blog friend. I happened upon her beautiful blog through one of our shared interests, I can't remember which one. (Probably coffee!) I was new to blogging and hadn't had any comments yet. Remember those days? She was the first person to leave a comment and I was so thrilled that someone was actually out there. She's been a faithful listener ever since. Her blog is always filled with delightful images and words and I look forward to being blessed each time I visit. Thanks Joni!

The Rules of the Tag Game:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

OK Here goes.

1. I love mountains and the ocean and tall trees. Anything majestic enough in nature to put my small self in perspective. I was born and raised in Oklahoma.I was a Bluebird and a Camp Fire Girl which taught me to love camping and the outdoors.

2. While married I lived in Oklahoma, Tucson, Arizona, Alexandria, Louisiana, Fort Wayne, Indiana, and Texas. Everything ends in an "a" except Texas, plain old Texas. I've lived here since 1992.

3. My Mom taught piano and my Dad was a builder/architect. My brother and I grew up taking piano lessons. I took for 7 years, and he is making his living out of arranging, composing and performing with his family. I play occasionally, just for fun, the songs I can still remember enough to play with sheet music, The Long and Winding Road, Got to Get You Into My Life, and Goodbye Again (John Denver).

4. I love animals. As a girl I dreamed of horses - Owning, riding and taking care of my own. My cat Sugar, who I had from the age of 23 until about 41, now has a namesake. My daughter named her new all white kitten, "Sugar". I remember when I decided on my cat's name, I was driving in my car up to Stillwater, Oklahoma and had her in the front seat with me. The song "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch" came on the radio and I just kept singing the song over and over to her until it dawned on me that that should be her name! We've had several cats and dogs since, and we've had my dog Stormy for 5 years now.

5. I was born with brown hair and blue eyes. I still have brown hair and blue eyes with help from Nice and Easy. My favorite treat is a Starbucks venti no whip mocha frappucino. Yum.

6. I love curling up with a good book or playing board games for the personal interaction I think, the quality time, spent with family and friends.

7. I was married for 15 years, divorced with 3 kids, was unmarried and pregnant at the age of 40, and became a single mom of 4, absolutely marvelous, wonderful gifts from above. So I fit the term single mom in both senses of the word, hence my desire to encourage other women, knowing there are some out there who are hanging on by a thread, as I was. I want the message of my life to be this: God is good. He restores and provides.

Now for who I'm going to TAG. I think I need some more new blog friends!!

Karen

Leigh

Nonnie

Saved By Grace

Joni (just kidding)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVED reading about you! It's like visiting an old friend...and I don't mean OLD :) My goodness you sure have moved around a lot! When I was a kid we moved quite a bit, so I have lived several places (mostly in Calif.), but as an adult I have been firmly rooted...I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...?

    you are a sweet friend and a good sport to play "tag"...it is always fun to learn things about people, we all share many commonalities. I've always enjoyed your blog from day one and I always feel blessed by what you share ~ thank you for the kind words and for being one of my dear sweet blogging friends...you should participate in the next photo challenge on saturday and you will have many new visitors to your blog! I'll have to check on the link and get back to you ~
    be back in a few!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday, June 14th is the next photo challenge and you can EASILY participate by leaving a comment on Cindra's blog at
    http://cindratee.wordpress.com/
    just tell her you want to join and she will link you to her blog and everyone visits everyone and checks out the photography...right up your alley....Pleeease! Oh, I forgot to mention the theme is "communication" and you post 2-3photos...it's fun and an excellent way to meet new people...and of course I would just LOVE to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoyed reading about your uniqueness, too, karen....and getting to know more about you! when life settles down a bit, i'll be better about visiting and learning even more! :)
    sweet day to you,
    kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Karen...after a long vacation im here again...at work missing the net.

    Thank you for the tag...i love reading your blogs...you're unique on all sides. Nothing beats a blog that is soulful. Yours unique in everything.

    Most of the times, when im going through yours, tears fall from my eyes. I can feel what you've been through. Your blog shows who you are. It's not a way out from life BUT a journey to life...you still have JOY after everything you've been through.

    I admired you..for everything. How i wish i could see you in person someday. may God made a way for this desire.

    God bless you Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay..until now i wasn't able to write about the whole tag thing hehehe...don't know what to write really...

    ReplyDelete