Well, how fun! I've been tagged. My friend Joni over at Morning Coffee just tagged me to share 7 things about myself, both random and wierd. Joni was my first blog friend. I happened upon her beautiful blog through one of our shared interests, I can't remember which one. (Probably coffee!) I was new to blogging and hadn't had any comments yet. Remember those days? She was the first person to leave a comment and I was so thrilled that someone was actually out there. She's been a faithful listener ever since. Her blog is always filled with delightful images and words and I look forward to being blessed each time I visit. Thanks Joni!
The Rules of the Tag Game:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
OK Here goes.
1. I love mountains and the ocean and tall trees. Anything majestic enough in nature to put my small self in perspective. I was born and raised in Oklahoma.I was a Bluebird and a Camp Fire Girl which taught me to love camping and the outdoors.
2. While married I lived in Oklahoma, Tucson, Arizona, Alexandria, Louisiana, Fort Wayne, Indiana, and Texas. Everything ends in an "a" except Texas, plain old Texas. I've lived here since 1992.
3. My Mom taught piano and my Dad was a builder/architect. My brother and I grew up taking piano lessons. I took for 7 years, and he is making his living out of arranging, composing and performing with his family. I play occasionally, just for fun, the songs I can still remember enough to play with sheet music, The Long and Winding Road, Got to Get You Into My Life, and Goodbye Again (John Denver).4. I love animals. As a girl I dreamed of horses - Owning, riding and taking care of my own. My cat Sugar, who I had from the age of 23 until about 41, now has a namesake. My daughter named her new all white kitten, "Sugar". I remember when I decided on my cat's name, I was driving in my car up to Stillwater, Oklahoma and had her in the front seat with me. The song "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch" came on the radio and I just kept singing the song over and over to her until it dawned on me that that should be her name! We've had several cats and dogs since, and we've had my dog Stormy for 5 years now.
5. I was born with brown hair and blue eyes. I still have brown hair and blue eyes with help from Nice and Easy. My favorite treat is a Starbucks venti no whip mocha frappucino. Yum.
6. I love curling up with a good book or playing board games for the personal interaction I think, the quality time, spent with family and friends.
7. I was married for 15 years, divorced with 3 kids, was unmarried and pregnant at the age of 40, and became a single mom of 4, absolutely marvelous, wonderful gifts from above. So I fit the term single mom in both senses of the word, hence my desire to encourage other women, knowing there are some out there who are hanging on by a thread, as I was. I want the message of my life to be this: God is good. He restores and provides.
Now for who I'm going to TAG. I think I need some more new blog friends!!
Saved By Grace
Joni (just kidding)